With so many children and staff leaving Bridestowe School on the last day of term, Barn Owls made sure it was a lovely day of celebration and fun.
It began with an impossible staff quiz, where KS2 pupils had to guess which staff members had done certain things, e.g.:
1) never lived anywhere other than Devon
2) had recently become a grandparent (Mrs Reid had to strenuously point out that, despite appearances, she was too young for this to be her!)
3) had ridden an elephant
4) had appeared as a 'supporting artist' in "Poldark"
5) own hundreds of records and a broken record player
6) had flown in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon, etc.
Then Barn Owls went to the park for a play before Year Sixes enjoyed their final lunch at Bridestowe School.
After lunch was the Leavers' Service at the Chapel, including some absolutely beautiful singing by the children, orchestrated by Mr Arnold, and some farewells.
Rosa treated the class to her excellent violin-playing while the parents had tea and cakes in the playground (teas kindly supplied and provided by Mrs Floyd-Walker).
The parents and families joined us in the classroom for the Leavers' Video (which had refused to play with sound in the Chapel), and then it was time for Mrs Reid to wish everyone well, and say goodbyes.
Which staff member quiz answers:
1) Mrs Harris
2) Mrs Joliffe
3) Mrs Down
4) Mrs Reid
5) Mrs Houghton
6) Mrs Sharland
Access Octomono Masonry Settings