Our Values and Ethos
Bridestowe Primary School Aims
- Make learning fun
- Value individual contribution and achievement
- Develop confident independent learners
- Encourage excellence
- Place high emphasis on literacy and numeracy and provide the skills required to earn a living and be economically productive
- Provide a balanced and enriched curriculum
- Use assessment of children’s progress to plan appropriate activities to stimulate further learning
- Encourage aesthetic, spiritual, moral and social development
- Develop self-discipline and positive attitude to good behaviour
- Promote a safe and healthy lifestyle
- Teach children to value and respect self and others
- Be central to the local community and deepen understanding of the world
- Work in partnership with parents
- Give pupils a voice
'With Respect and Ambition, We Flourish Together.'
Bridestowe Primary School Values
- Democracy – We can influence School and society through the democratic process.
- Self Responsibility – We take responsibility for our actions.
- Openness and Honesty – We are honest about what we do and the way we do it. Nobody is perfect; we will not hide it when we are not.
- Social Responsibility – We encourage people to take responsibility for their own community and work together to improve it.
- Caring for others – We care for all members of our learning community and actively support those who; experience difficulties; or who are upset.
- The Rule of Law – We know the difference between right and wrong: We respect civil and criminal law
- Individual Liberty and Mutual Respect – We respect other people in school and in the wider society. We oppose prejudice and discrimination.
- Tolerance of Others who have Different Faiths and Beliefs – We promote tolerance and harmony between people of different cultures, traditions and faith.
Moorland Hub motto: 'Working together to be the best we can possibly be.’
Section divider type: wavesOpacity -- position: bottom